Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My future PC gaming rig

I've been trying to get a hold of some money for a new PC for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I would come close to getting, but someone would always get in the way, like new PC parts would come up and I would have to do new research on it, or I would have to splurge from my PC fund to pay for more important things. Finally, though, I think I'm actually gonna get that god damn PC I've always wanted this summer!

My current budget for my dream PC is around $1000, and that doesn't include the essentials such as a monitor, keyboard & mouse, etc. The process I'm going with is one of the Intel core series. I've been bumping around a few sites on which Intel Core process I should get and I feel a bit torn between the i5 and the i7. Some people say to just go for the i5 and just overclock it instead of paying extra for the i7. It makes sense, but I'm still interested in getting the i7 simply because I want my PC to be future proof. I know that I'm not going to be making use of the i7's HyperThreading, but who knows. Hopefully I'll make up my mind soon...

I'm not very fixated on what ram and HDD I'm getting, but I am a bit concerned about the GPU. I've always trusted ATI more then Nvidia, but now there's these facts and figures around how Intel CPUs work better with Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPUs work better with ATI GPUs. I'm sure that they'll all work together just fine, but I'm looking for optimal efficiency, here. Again, I sure hope I make up my mind about my GPU. If I do stick with ATI, I'll be getting the Radeon HD 5770.

I already got a gaming case and motherboard ready for the parts (even though I plan to get another motherboard later on,) so my plans are going pretty smoothly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment