Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TERA (NA) - Log - 8/2 to 8/8

OK! So in the past few weeks, a lot of crazy stuff happened to me in the world of TERA, with some expected and not so expected mishaps. First off, I went on another road trip with the travelers of Broken Compass to climb the mountains near Tulufan.

Why did we decide to go on a mountain climb? I'm not really sure, but I think one of them muttered something about trying to capture "whale magic" or something. So we went out, traveled up the mountain and it was all pretty boring at first, but once we reached the top we got to see some sky whales, up close and personal.



As one of the big sky whales swam past us, mysterious blue participles were trailing from its behind. The blue stuff then trickled down on us, and sudden we shot up fifty feet in the air. I was freaking out over being so high above the ground, but everyone else was just sort of OK with it., and I find it very un-comforting to know that there's people in the federation that are WAY more careless than me when it comes to adventuring and dealing with the unknown...

But just then, another sky whale approached us. I took advantage of this moment to get a better look at the thing...


The whale was completely hideous! It had some nasty looking teeth, pale scales and I couldn't even tell if the thing had eyes or not. I used to think that sky whales were beautiful, majestic creatures, but up close? YUCK. I wanted to murder the thing just to put it out of its misery. No wonder the Amanis had no remorse for hunting these things.


Although when I tried to get closer to it, I felt back to ground and got severely injured. That whale magic sure picked a perfect time to wear off...

---

In the middle of the week: I was planning on working in the Three Towers to earn some gold for a couple of spellbinds and refined enchant powders, but then remembered that I already wasted around 2000g trying to enchant my Swarmsword ((from +7 to +8)) and re-enigma-ing my competition armor ((for reflect damage)) and got nothing out of it.

So instead of blowing gold on those things, I got a new look, instead! I wanted a look that would make people take me seriously as a solider, so I figured a fierce pirate look would be good for me.
It cost me around 2250g for the outfit, eye patch and the pirate hat off the trade broker. I'd say this was a much better investment.




If this look doesn't make me look fierce and intimidating, nothing will!


I wanted to try out my new look in public, so I went down to the Tavern in Velika to see how people would react. A sailor from Broken Compass travelers was there and he really seemed to like my outfit, giving me all sorts of compliments. He suggested that I should celebrate my new attire by drinking some rum. Now I'm not much of a drinker since booze just puts me to sleep most of the time, but the guy bought me a few rounds of the stuff and I didn't want to upset him, so I had a few sips here and there, and then a few more, and then a few more, and then things started getting hazy...


I woke up a few hours later in the tavern, on the floor and with a massive headache. People around the tavern told me that I was acting all crazy, jumping around, singing songs, cursing at random people and then puking up on the bar floor, but I didn't believe them. I'd never do something that stupid...


0 comments:

Post a Comment