Friday, July 22, 2011

Just an update - 7/22/2011

My PC seems to be coming down with something...! My poor baby!

It's been freezing, crashing and locking up recently. I'm currently asking for help over at Overclock.net to see if anyone can suggest some solutions, but so far nothing has worked...

I've tried scanning for viruses and malware using MSE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, scanned my HDD using WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic, rolled back my Nvidia GPU's driver from beta to latest non-beta and swapped out the my 8GB of memory (2x4GB) with my old 4GB sticks (2x2GB). Right now, I'm running this thing with only one 2GB stick and I'm looking for a good memory tester.

Maybe it could be this heat wave in my area that could be causing problems, too.
I'm willing to troubleshoot this as long as I need to, but I hope to god my problem doesn't involve me getting a new PSU, since I'm broke as a joke right now. Even worse, I might not be able to get to try out the revamped CrimeCraft this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment