Saturday, February 26, 2011

Play Log - Wakfu - 2/26/2011

I managed to snag a closed beta key for Anakama's Wakfu this week. I usually never play tactical RPGs, but I liked what I was seeing from the overall presentation which tempted me to play. I was having a bit of trouble logging in, but I finally got going.

I decided to go with a male Eniripsa, which is a spell casting support class. Now I usually never play as a healer or a support class with any kind of MMO, but I was so draw to the design of the Eniripsas that I decided to give them a whirl. I also usually don't play tactics RPGs at all, but the pacing of this one has got me hooked. Most tactics RPGs will have players taking their time to plan out every move, but Wakfa awards players for quick decisions and fast actions with stat bonuses.
Although it's currently only in closed beta and the community is bound to get a little rough with open beta hits, everyone playing right now seems pretty chill. I ran into a couple of players and partied around for a bit, just before visiting a training dojo filled with Pandwas (a class/race we can't play as right now, which sucks.)

I only played around for a couple of hours, but I'm liking it so far. I'll try to post more screenshots as a play.








0 comments:

Post a Comment