I'm currently browsing an event stream over here and I'm taking the moment to post a recap of everything mentioned.
Here's the list of everything that is confirmed at the event so far:
- Final Nintendo 3DS design was revealed
- 3DS will launch in Japan on Feb 26, 2011 and will cost 25,000 yen (around $299 USD)
- 3DS will launch in US and Europe on March 2011. No price was given.
- Launch color schemes for the 3DS will be cosmo black and aqua blue
- Miis will be usable on the Nintendo 3DS
- Light on upper-right of 3DS unit, practically on R shoulder, shows when your console has passed another 3DS
- Samurai Warriors Chronicle will make use of the 3DS's technology
- MGS: The Naked Sample will make use of tag mode
- New Professor Layton game for the 3Ds will make use of 3DS's technology to make puzzles "pop" and be very intuitive.
- Taking people's pictures using the 3DS's camera will allow you to create an automatic Mii
- 3DS's tag mode can store data for multiple games at once, and you do not have to be playing the game at the time to exchange data
- The 3DS will have a home button and will support multi-tasking
- You can put the system in a cradle for faster internet downloads
- Street Fighter IV 3D will support tag mode
- Ridge Racer 3DS will support tag mode
- 3DS supports SD cards up to to 32GB
- Miis can be saved onto an SD card
- 3DS unit will come w 2GB SD card packed in.
- Tag Mode will work right out of the box, no set-up necessary.
- 3DS will be able to download Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games
- Confirmed downloable titles include Wario Land and Link's Awakening DX
- All downloable virtual console games will support 3D
- 3DS can connect on WiFi when in sleep mode and dowload content, saves, rankings and more (much like WiiConnect24)
- Wii MotionPlus technology will now be built into newer models of the Wii Remote called "Wii Remote Plus
- No successor to the Nintendo Wii will be coming anytime soon.
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is in development for the 3DS
- Last Story for the Nintendo Wii will be released on January 27th
- Megaman Legends 3 is in development for the 3DS
- New Rhythm Heaven game confirmed for the Wii (?)
- Fatal Frame 2 remake is in development for the Wii
- Pokemon Black & White sold over 2.5 million copies in Japan
- Nintendo is collaborating with NTT to facilitate WiFi hotspots (JAPAN ONRY)
- Fuji TV will be distributing free 3D videos for the 3DS (JAPAN ONRY)
Update: Nintendo JP made a software line up video available on their site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/3ds/lineupMovHigh.html