Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making some changes

I've been thinking a lot about the state of my blog and figured that it could use a serious re-tooling. It started out as a simple college assignment that really opened up doors for me. From this little blog, I was given the opportunity to become a contributor for MMO directory and that opened up even more doors. Now I write for OnRPG as a freelancer, I get to try out games before the general public, converse with several PR groups over my articles... Hell I was even offered an all expenses paid trip to Austin GDC just for a demo tour.

But still, I feel that I let this blog business get to my head. I felt so pretentious about it, throwing it around wherever I went, as if I was some important player in the industry just because I write reviews on it and stuff, but I wasn't. I'm just an average guy. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, or the brightest light on the Christmas tree, but one thing for sure that I love video games and enjoy telling people about them. I really do believe that I have a future in game industry as a reviewer of sorts, if not a career in digital mass media. It may seem like a meager goal, but I feel it's worth shooting for.

So what I want to do with my blog from here on out is this:
  • Remove all gaming news related posts. I shouldn't treat my blog like a news hub.
  • Mix between formal and imformal posts. I'll still put my articles that I did for OnRPG, but I will also just post whats on my mind about games I'm playing
  • Throw in some interactive stuff like Let's Play videos and LiveStream sessions
Well that's what I want to do with it now. With college midterms breathing on me, I'm not sure if I'll have the time, but will find a way (I hope.)

That's all for now, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment